This “Projects Management Planning and Control” comprehensive 5-day course is designed to provide you with the knowledge and skills necessary to effectively plan, manage, and control projects. Throughout the course, you will learn a variety of project management methodologies and techniques to ensure your projects are completed on time, within budget, and meet stakeholder expectations.
Upon completion of the Projects Management Planning and Control course, participants will be able to:
1. Understand project management concepts, methodologies, and best practices.
2. Develop and implement project management plans, including risk management and quality control.
3. Utilize project management tools and software for effective project monitoring and control.
4. Effectively communicate project status, risks, and issues to stakeholders.
5. Apply learned techniques to real-world project scenarios for improved project outcomes.
Objectives: The objectives of the Projects Management Planning and Control course are to:
1. Provide a comprehensive understanding of project management principles and practices.
2. Equip participants with practical tools and techniques for successful project management.
3. Enhance participants’ abilities to manage project risks and quality.
4. Develop participants’ skills in effective communication and stakeholder management.
5. Improve overall project success rates through the application of learned concepts and techniques.
Who Should Attend:
The Projects Management Planning and Control course is ideal for:
1. Project managers and team leaders looking to improve their project management skills.
2. Professionals involved in project planning, implementation, and control.
3. Individuals aspiring to enter the project management field.
4. Senior managers and executives who oversee project portfolios and want to ensure effective project management within their organizations.
5-Day Course Outline:
Day 1 – Foundations of Projects Management Planning and Control
1. Introduction to project management
2. Project life cycle and process groups
3. Project management methodologies (Waterfall, Agile, etc.)
4. Roles and responsibilities in project management
5. Developing a project charter and defining project scope
Day 2 – Project Planning
1. Creating a work breakdown structure (WBS)
2. Estimating project duration, resources, and costs
3. Developing a project schedule
4. Risk identification and assessment
5. Developing a risk management plan
Day 3 – Project Execution and Control
1. Project monitoring and control techniques
2. Earned value management (EVM) and performance measurement
3. Change control and configuration management
4. Quality management and assurance
5. Managing project issues and risks
Day 4 – Project Communications and Stakeholder Management
1. Effective communication in projects management planning and control
2. Stakeholder identification and analysis
3. Developing a stakeholder engagement plan
4. Managing stakeholder expectations
5. Reporting project status and performance
Day 5 – Closing the Project and Practical Application
1. Project closure and lessons learned
2. Transitioning project deliverables to operations
3. Conducting post-project evaluations
4. Case study: Applying concepts from the course to a real-world project scenario
5. Strategies for continuous improvement in projects management planning and control
By participating in this “Projects Management Planning and Control” training course, you will gain valuable insights, tools, and techniques that can be applied to improve the success of your projects. We look forward to helping you enhance your project management skills and contribute to the growth and success of your organization.
- This course is available every Monday from 1 April to 30 Des 2023